Changing your food regimen has been proven to be efficient in weight loss. However, there are too many types of diets; it is hard to choose one to begin with.
Here, we offer you some insight into several types of the healthiest and most effective diets.
This diet depends on alternating eating and fasting periods; it sets a specific time for you to eat. You can follow several regimens, such as the 8/16 method that allows you to eat for 8 hours a day only.
This diet has proven to:
- Reduce weight unless you overeat when allowed.
- Increase fat burn while maintaining muscle mass.
- Prevent aging symptoms.
- Increase Insulin sensitivity.
- Enhance brain health.
Even though it is generally safe to follow this diet if you are a healthy adult, it is better to consult a specialist in the following cases:
- You have diabetes.
- You have an eating disorder.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Plant-sourced foods are rich with fibers, giving you a sensation of being full, and they are also low on fats, resulting in weight loss.
There are many types of vegan diets, most of which exclude animal products; all kinds of meat, dairy, eggs, albumin, and casein.
In addition to weight loss, vegan diets help minimize the risk of cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and diabetes.
However, it is low on several nutrients like iron, vitamin B12, vitamin D, zinc, and omega-3, all present in animal-sourced foods. For that reason, many people follow a flexible type of diet that allows them to eat animal products in moderation. Well, except for those who are animal-rights activists, if you are, consider resorting to supplements.
It is the most commonly followed regimen for weight loss. It includes many types like Keto, high fats-low carbs, and Atkins diet, limiting carbohydrates consumption and increasing proteins and fats.
Benefits of low-carb diets include the following:
- Proteins cause loss of appetite and increased metabolism while maintaining muscle mass.
- More effective than low-fat diets, and it depends on using fats as an energy source instead of carbohydrates.
- It has proved to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases as it lowers “bad” cholesterol levels and decreases blood pressure.
- It can also enhance insulin and sugar levels in the blood for those with type II diabetes.
On the other hand, some people reported having gastric issues while following this regimen.
Consuming 1 gram of fats produces double the calories compared to the same amount of proteins and carbohydrates. Therefore, this diet involves reducing fat intake to provide 30% of daily calories; it limits animal product consumption and focuses mainly on vegetables.
This type of diet has many benefits, including:
- Weight loss.
- It lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases and strokes.
- Improving markers of diabetes.
- Reducing inflammation.
However, following this diet for too long can cause several problems since fats are responsible for hormone production and nutrients absorption.
Paleo food regimen advocates eating what our early ancestors did. It revolves around the idea that recent diseases are heavily associated with the Western diet. Plus, the human body did not develop enough to process legumes, grains, and dairy products.
This diet focuses on whole natural foods, vegetables, fruits, and fat-free meats, excluding processed foods, sweets, and dairy products.
In addition to weight loss, this diet can decrease blood pressure and lower “bad” cholesterol and triglycerides levels, reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Weight Watchers Diet
It is one of the most known and followed diets worldwide. It does not exclude any food group but sets a daily points system for you to reach the desired weight.
This diet assigns a specific value for each food and beverage type according to the calories, fats, and fibers it contains, and you are NOT allowed to pass your daily points allowance.
How to choose the suitable diet for you ?
Due to the high number of diets out there, it is hard to choose one. However, there are some recommendations for you to pick the most suitable one:
- Define your personal needs, lifestyle, and preferred foods.
- Take into consideration past experiences as they can guide you to choose the right type of diet.
- Put your budget in mind since some diets can get expensive to follow.
- Do NOT ignore your health status; safety is of utmost importance. Your diet should consider any chronic issues you have like diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and food allergies.
Read more: Best sportswear for men
Do NOT forget to visit MetroBrazil Store for high-quality Brazilian shapewears.