Check out these simple exercise ideas to help alleviate your back pain
With the modern lifestyle, there are few people who don’t suffer from some kind of pain. One of the most common complaints is lower back pain. Poor posture and too much time sitting are some of the most common reasons for this frustrating pain…
But according to researchers, staying active and stretching are simple and effective ways to keep your spine healthy. So today we’re going to show you some basic exercises to help relieve your lower back pain and even prevent it!(Walle, M. G. S. (2019, July 29). 8 Simple Stretches to Relieve Lower Back Pain. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/stretches-for-lower-back-pain)
4 EASY STRETCHES FOR LOWER BACK PAIN RELIEVECadman, B. (2020, January 24). How to strengthen the lower back. MNT. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323204
- PELVIC TILT
This simple exercise helps to relax back muscles and make them more flexible! To do it, you’ll need to do the following:
- Lie on the floor (on your back!), with your knees bent and your arms relaxed on the sides;
- With your feet flat on the floor, push your stomach out a little and bend your back a little for at least 5 seconds and up to 10;
- Now, you’ll need to do the opposite: put your back flat on the floor and imagine you’re pulling your stomach towards the floor;
- Do that for 5-10 seconds and that’s it!
You can do this exercise every day, increasing the amount of time bit by bit. Just make sure you aren’t forcing yourself too much, okay?
Knee-to-chest stretches are popular among athletes. This type of exercise is great to relieve the tension in the lower back by extending the muscles. If you want to try it, follow the instructions below!
- First, lie on your back on a straight, non-flexible surface; don’t do it directly on the floor – opt for a gym mat;
- Bend your knees, but keep your feet flat on the surface;
- After that, pull one knee to your chest and hold it for about 10 seconds (make sure you’re concentrating on your abdominal muscles!)
- Then, return to the first position and repeat with the other leg!
Try doing knee-to-chest exercises at least twice with each leg every day. Then, as you get used to it, increase the frequency of it!
- THE BRIDGE
Among all the stretching exercises, the bridge is certainly on the hall of fame. Simple and effective, they are amazing not only for those who suffer from lower back pain but also for those who want to strengthen their glutes and thighs! See the step-by-step below.
- Laid down on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor, keep your arms by the side.
- Now, raise your glutes off the ground, trying to make your body resemble an actual bridge;
- Let your shoulders remain on the floor while you concentrate the strength on your glutes.
- Return to the starting position and repeat it at least 10 times and 3 sets.
4. LOWER BACK ROTATION
This stretch is fantastic for the relief of pain and tension in the lower back muscles. It is very easy to do, so follow the steps below!
- Begin the exercise by lying on your back with your knees bent;
- With your shoulders touching the ground and arms wide open also touching the floor, roll your knees to only one side;
- After that, stay put for 10 seconds;
- Go back to the first position and then, do the same but to the other side!
By doing this stretch twice a day every day, you’ll help to strengthen your core muscles, relieving and preventing lower back pain.
Besides the stretching exercises above, another great way to stop feeling lower back pain is using a waist corset. By improving your posture and supporting the lower back, high-quality waist corsets are a fantastic option for those who can’t spend so much time exercising. Combined with exercises, they are even more effective. We recommend you the Brazilian brand Plié’s Bright Waist Corset, perfect for daily usage!
For even more waist corset options, go to Metro Brazil’s website! And remember: if you’re feeling back pain, make sure you talk to a doctor, ok?