Back pain is extremely common, yet extremely uncomfortable. Besides the terrible sensation it causes, depending on the intensity it can compromise daily tasks and activities, such as exercise or even working.
The good news is that there are many ways to prevent, reduce and even treat this condition. If you suffer from this problem, keep reading this article: we will show you the reasons behind back pain, solutions for it and prevention.
What causes back pain?
There are many different reasons behind your back ache. To know exactly what is your case, you must seek a doctor. This professional is able to make the most precise diagnosis and the best treatment too. Find out some of the most common factors that cause back ache:
Happens when bones are porous and brittle, and when it affects your spine’s vertebrae, develops fractures.
Muscle or ligament strain
Usually caused by a sudden awkward movement or repeated heavy liftings. Sedentary lifestyle and poor physical conditions can also cause painful muscle spasms.
Cartilage discs act as cushions between our spine bones. However, they can get worn out and, in some cases, cause pain and discomfort.
Anyone can suffer from back aches, despite their age, weight, etc. However, some factors can make you more susceptible to it. For example:
- Age: back pain can start at any age, but the older we get, the more common it gets. It usually starts around the 30s or 40s.
- Overweight: excessive weight results in extra stress for the back.
- Sedentary lifestyle: the lack of exercises results in weaker muscles, that might lead to back pain.
- Bad posture: prolonged hunching makes muscles strained and reduces blood supply, which can result in weakness and stiffness in the lower back.
Habits that help reduce and prevent back pain
- Exercise: being sedentary causes several health problems, including back ache. Exercises are a solution to end it, nevertheless, take it easy: choose regular low-impact activities, such as aerobics and abdominals. They increase strength and firm your muscles without straining your back. Swimming and walking are also good choices.
- Healthy lifestyle: besides exercising, maintaining a healthy weight and quitting smoking helps ending and preventing back aches. Cigarettes increase the risk of low back pain, and the more you smoke, the more this tendency aggravates.
- Good posture: improving your posture can make a great difference for your back – and you will literally feel it. There are even tools to help you on this mission: many corsets and bodysuits provide the benefit of correcting the posture. Plus, they are super comfortable and help to model the body.
Remember: a doctor is the best type of professional to give a precise diagnosis and in case of persistent pain, don’t hesitate to look for medical help.
Metro Brazil’s website has bodysuits with special technologies that help you improve your posture and, consequently, relieve your back pain. Check them out!
Did you like this article? Share with your friends and follow us on social media!