Subscribe to our newsletter
Argan oil is also known as liquid gold. The Moroccan oil conquered worldwide fame and is present in several cosmetic formulas, especially in skin and hair care products, such as shampoos and moisturizers.
Even before all this “hype”, in Morocco this oil has been used for centuries for cooking and as a home natural remedy, including the treatment of some issues like hair loss. But is this ingredient worth all this fame? That’s what we are going to find out in this article!
What is argan oil?
It is an oil made from the fresh kernels of the fruit of a tree in Morocco. For generations, pure argan oil has been used in cooking and as a home cure for health and beauty issues. For skincare, the oil provides a number of health benefits, many of which also apply to the hair.
Why to use it
The oil has fatty acids and potent antioxidants like vitamin E. It hydrates and conditions the skin. Because it is high in fatty acids, primarily oleic and linoleic acid, argan oil is commonly used as a moisturizer for skin and hair. These oils have been shown to lubricate the hair shaft and aid in the moisture retention of your hair.
Vitamin E, abundant in the oil, forms a fatty layer on your hair and scalp, which can help prevent dryness, minimize frizz, and increase shine.
Argan oil in shampoo – benefits
Due to the oil’s nourishing properties, using a shampoo with this ingredient provides hair several benefits. Check out some of them:
- Softens the hair
- Improves hair shine and makes it glossy
- It makes hair silkier and easier to style
- Preserves hair from breakage
- Rehydrates dry hair
- Prevents split ends
- Prevent frizz
- Smoothes the hair cuticle
- It moisturizes and doesn’t weigh hair down
- Improves hair elasticity
Super boosted hair routine
You can use argan oil shampoo every time you wash your hair. However, whenever you want an more intense treatment, you can boost your hair care routine with this tutorial:
Argan oil boosted routine
- Wash your hair with argan oil shampoo, following the directions on the bottle.
- Dry out the hair and squeeze any excess moisture
- Apply argan oil hair mask all over the strands
- Leave it for at least 5 minutes
- Rinse it with abundant water
- Spread argan oil conditioner all over the hair length
- Leave it for a couple minutes and make sure the ends are hydrated.
- Rinse it and take away the excess water with a towel
- Blow dry your hair and apply a few drops of pure oil to hair ends, avoiding thee roots
You can do this routine weekly, or whenever you feel your hair needs some extra moisture. The result is super shiny and smooth strands.
Argan oil shampoo
To boost your daily hair washing with argan oil, you can add a few drops of this ingredient inside your regular shampoo. Or, instead, by a shampoo that already contains this oil in its formula – these products are super convenient and effective.
If you are looking for hair products, take a look at Metro Brazil’s website: we have the best premium hair care lines!
DId you like this article? Share it with your friends and follow us on social media!